Source of River Nile

source-of-the-nile uganda gorilla www jehovahtours co ug uganda safaris source of river nile bwindi gorilla trekking_tracking murchision falls kidepo national park golf tours cultural tours tree climbing lions rwenzori mountain ch

Explore My Uganda Video

Visit My  Uganda Video

Jinja town is the adventure capital of Uganda. Anyone who has sought an adventurous trip in Uganda has first considered Jinja before any other place. This choice is simplified with the existence of the Source of the Nile.

There are other sources beyond Lake Victoria and Uganda that have claimed to be the rightful sources of the great Nile waters but even if they were right, none of them fits the claim as the Source of the Nile in Jinja.

According to John Speke, the first European explorer who discovered the Source of the Nile in Jinja, 30% of the Nile water comes from underground at a spot (source) just a few meters from Lake Victoria. One can actually see the water bubbles at that spot (source) which indicate there is water coming from underground. The Remaining 70% percent is contributed by other water bodies the biggest being Lake Victoria and others that contribute to the Lake Victoria waters.
The water from the source takes three months to reach its destination in Egypt.

The Nile that starts with such calm increases its intensity as it flows over several undulating rocks, squeezing through gorges and negotiating around numerous small islands. It plunges into a multitude of rapids punctuated by a series of astonishing waterfalls among the prominent ones is the Bujagali Falls popular for white water rafting, kayaking and a variety of other water adventures.

The white waters of River Nile combine with the lush vegetation along the its shores, on islands and peninsulas, the several bird species and the cool weather to create such fascinating scenery that feels almost spiritual to be amidst. Listening and looking at the gushing white waters, looking at the birds floating across the Nile from Lake Victoria, watching the fishermen spread their nets, and smelling the sweet scents emitted from the surrounding plants is so fulfillingriver-nile uganda gorilla www jehovahtours co ug uganda safaris source of river nile bwindi gorilla trekking_tracking murchision falls kidepo national park golf tours cultural tours tree climbing lions rwenzori mountain chimpazee1John Speke, the first European explorer who discovered the source of the Nile Jinja. 30% of the Nile water comes from underground at a spot (source) just a few meters from Lake Victoria. One can actually see the water bubbles at that spot (source) which indicate there is water coming from underground. The Remaining 70% percent is contributed by other water bodies the biggest being Lake Victoria and others that contribute to the Lake Victoria waters. .

The water from the source takes three months to reach its destination in Egypt.

The Nile that starts with such calm increases its intensity as it flows over several undulating rocks, squeezing through gorges and negotiating around numerous small islands. It plunges into a multitude of rapids punctuated by a series of astonishing waterfalls among the prominent ones is the Bujagali Falls popular for white water rafting, kayaking and a variety of other water adventures.

Book our itineraries today

Your Discovery Safari into Uganda begins with Jehovah Tours & Travel

 DISCOVER UGANDA SAFARI WITH US

Contact Form Powered By : XYZScripts.com